googleAd

In Topeka

I am here in Kansas to attend a few business meetings in Topeka. Seeing the Kansas city International airport after a long time. Reminded of the day I first landed in this airport. New faces, beautiful and nice people...i was waiting in the airport for my onsite co-ordinator Vasanth to pick me up. After quite a wait, i wanted to call him. I didn't have the right change to use the pay phone. So I asked some one in the airport if he had a change for my 10 dollars. He didn't get the 10 dollars that I offered, but gave me the change...thinking about it now i wonder, if I asked him right !! But the thought then was..people are so nice!! Walking through the terminal doors to the passenger pick up area..i recollected Vasanth and Angelina showed up later to pick me up. Apparently they had come a few minutes earlier and were waiting for me in some other place. Vasanth had just discovered that his car has speakers in the trunk.
End of flash back..

I got the shuttle to Enterprise car rental and from there drove to Topeka Ramada Inn in Hyundai Accent.
After checking in the hotel, I roamed in the downtown area in my Hyundai accent trying to find some good restaurant. Unfortunately all restaurants are closed on Sunday. While getting back in the car, one Afro-american walked straight to my car gesturing at me. I didn't understand what he was saying, neither i wanted to . The street was deserted (kansas avenue 7th Street), I backed my car and ignored him. He seemed getting very upset and came almost close to my right window as if he was about to smash it. I sped and decided i'm not stopping in this downtown area again alone.

2 comments:

  1. It is good flash back.One should not forget the past.you could have incorporated the year of your arrival in Kansas/US. You did the right thing in not stopping your car to talk to the stranger.strangers in such places are dangerous.Familiar faces are dangerous in all places!

    ReplyDelete

Python for Beginners | Chapter 8 | Conditions Explained

In this chapter we will learn how condition statements work in python.  If you are new in here, you may want to start from the beginning...